Friday, May 29, 2015

10 tips to boost your metabolism!!

 Everyone is trying to lose that unwanted weight right before bikini season. Check out these 10 tips and tricks to get a jump start to speeding up that metabolism and watch the fat melt away.


1.) BREAKFAST, eat a good big healthy breakfast to get your metabolism going. Make it your biggest meal of the day. Eating breakfast is linked to several health benefits, including weight control and improved performances. Starting your day with a healthy breakfast also reduces hunger throughout your day, and may also help you make better food choices with the rest of your daily meals. Some people think your saving calories by skipping breakfast, but that is not an effective strategy. Hunger will get the best of all you breakfast skippers causing you to eat more at lunch and throughout your day. Make sure your breakfast is loaded with protein and whole grains and not fat and sugar.

2.) SLEEP, not getting enough sleep can slow down your metabolism. And if your tired throughout your day, most likely your not going to feel like getting up and exercising. Sleep is like nutrition to the brain. Everyone needs between 7 and 9 hours each night. Lack of sleep impacts your hunger and fullness hormones, including two called ghrelin and leptin. Ghrelin signals your brain that its time to eat, and when your sleep-deprived, your body makes more ghrelin. Leptin signals your brain to eat more food. Put those two together and DUHHHH.. no wonder sleep deprivation leads to weight gain.

3.) WATER, drinking water is a simple way to speed up digestion and burn calories. Studies also show that drinking water can help you feel full and cause you to eat less. Everyone should drink 8 to 10, 8 ounce glasses per day. Drinking water also helps boost your metabolism, cleanse your body of waste and acts as an appetite suppressant. Drinking enough water can also help you drop some pounds because it stops retaining water. I find it helpful to drink a glass before every meal so that I already feel full.

4.) LIFT, one thing that i hear a lot thats a complete lie is “ lifting will make you bulky” absolutely wrong. Cake and pop makes you bulky. Muscle uses more energy than fat. After a weight training workout, your metabolism can be boosted for up to 36 hours post-workout. You can burn up to 100 more calories in your day. THAT ADS UP. Be consistent with it and watch your body transform. The more muscle you have on your body, the more calories your body will burn. Us women always sit and wonder why men can eat way more than us and never gain a pound, its because they carry more muscle than us. Cardio helps you lose weight, but does not help reshape your body to what you want like weight training does. If you do a perfect combination of both, you will boost your metabolism, burn fat, and look toned. 

5.) CAFFEINE, you guys are gonna LOVE this one. Make caffeine your friend. yes, drink more coffee and tea. If you have not yet noticed, caffeine is the main ingredient in diet pills. Caffeine is a stimulant which will create a thermogenic response. That being said it makes your metabolism speed up and your body burn more calories. Do not get your caffeine from pop, energy drinks, or add half a cup of creamer and sugar to your coffee.. Straight black coffee and natural green tea are where you will get your results from.

6.) GO GREEN, eating green veggies will not only help you feel fuller longer, but it also makes your body burn just to digest them. Eat them without slathering them in butter and you can actually burn more calories than they contain, so you end up with a calorie defect. AWESOME!!!

7.) FIBER, loud up on fiber rick foods. You should eat 30 grams of fiber per day. Lack of fiber can kill your diet and also make you feel fuller longer. 

8.) CARDIO HIIT, do some high intensity cardio, High intensity exercise delivers a bigger, longer rise in resting metabolic rate than low or moderate intensity workouts do. To get actual benefits, try a more intense class at the gym or include short bursts of jogging during your regular walk.

9.) SNACK SMART, don’t eat three large meals a day. When you wait long hours before eating again, your metabolism slows down between those meals. Having a small meal or snack every 2-3 hours keeps your metabolism through the up causing you to burn more calories over the coarse of the day. 

10.) PROTEIN, your body burns way more calories digesting protein than it does foods that are high in fat or carbs. Try replacing some carb full foods with protein rich foods and raise your metabolism :)….


37 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post mackenzie! I find myself drinking 5 cups of green tea daily.

    Having a fast metabolism really makes it easy to build and maintain your body. I follow a two minute routine every time before working out to get a massive boost on my calories burnt, if you want you can get it at http://boostmeta,fitdistrict,us . It's super simple, and something probably all of us didn't even know existed. I'd recommend it if you want to get the most out of your workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these tips to boost my metabolism. I always forget how important it is to eat every two-three hours to keep my metabolism up. I try to keep healthy snack options with me whenever I leave the house to make sure I get them in. Also, I love your recommendation to add weights to workouts. Burning an extra 100 calories does sound pretty amazing, can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys i'm so damn happy..I lost 23 pounds in 21 days and I want to show you how I did it..This is very exciting stuff
    Check out The Best Diet Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really body buildo is a great product by which one of my friends has got the desired height. With this the nutritional food, regular exercise, physician consultancy is also required. For more info please click on the following link – http://www.bodybuildoindia.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the basis of my friend consideration I also used for step up height increaser and I got tremendous growth in height. I used the following link to get info -
    http://www.stepupheightincreaser.co

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post Mackenzie.Metabolism is the process of burning calories. This chemical activity helps convert food into energy. A poor metabolism of the digestive system could lead to storing of the food as body fats rather than converting them into energy. Good metabolism is vital for sustained health.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crazy Bulk Review You really very helpless at the time when you have lean muscles and don’t have proper body muscles growth and that can’t give you proper effectiveness and such way whatever medications or products you take that don’t give that positive result. The Crazy Bulkis the right one helping in such manner where you taking it on daily basis providing the best result and in few times you can gain your body muscles. The Crazy Bulk review says after using by many people they complemented about the Crazy Bulk products. They add “It is effective and really how incredibly the Crazy Bulk bodybuilding supplement increased the muscles strength and I had very lean and thin muscles and felt always embarrassed going to anyone”, but thanks to Crazy Bulk given me the strong muscles and now I am confidently introduces myself and attend every program and party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In my opinion cheap protein powder is the best way to boost your metabolism!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many of these tips are out-dated. Eating fewer/larger meals, skipping meals, skipping breakfast...the latest science debates the widely held beliefs that these things will somehow negatively impact your metabolism. Any studies that have suggested otherwise have been outright debunked. Intermittent fasting has been proven to INCREASE metabolism while eating smaller, more frequent meals has been shown to INCREASE appetite and cravings.
    law essay writing service

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is very nice and informative.
    I've learnt many new things from your blog.
    I've been following your blog for a long time.

    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  14. articles. This signifies something! Really useful info. Thnx!My bro saved this webpage for me and I Testo Factor Xhave been going through it for the past couple hours. This is really going to help me and my classmates for our class project. By the way, I enjoy the way you write.Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read something like
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/testo-factor-x/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks awesome!First-rate post I tend to be of the same opinion with nearly all of what you wrote. Cerebria I would love to see new posts on this. I will bookmark and come back.I have bookmarked this blog because I discovered it distinctive. I would be really interested to know more information on this. Thanks!First-rate site I tend to be of the same opinion with.http://www.supplements4help.com/cerebria/

    ReplyDelete
  16. this gave me an idea. Cheers.How-do-you-do, i study your blog often and i own an analogous one and i used toNeuroplex Pro be just wondering if you get much of spam comments? If thus how do you stop it, any plugin or anything youll be able to advise? I get thus often lately its driving me mad so any help is very abundant appreciated. for older folks, retirement or a huge promotion at work is a time when celebration events are going to be a great idea.
    Took me time to read all the feedback, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be very useful to me and I am http://www.healthsupreviews.com/neuroplex-pro/

    ReplyDelete
  17. like this on one of my blogs and this has given me an idea. Thank you.
    I can see that you areXtrasize putting a lots of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work.Some really helpful information in there. Bookmarked. Nice to see your site. ThanksI really enjoy this design you have got.http://realcemasculinobr.com/xtrasize/

    ReplyDelete
  18. posted? Recently it seems to have become an epidemic, although it seems to be changing for the better. Synagen QWhat do you think?I'm having a weird issue I cant seem to be able to subscribe your feed, I'm using google reader by the way.This wordpress concept youre working, is it
    http://www.healthsupreviews.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  19. not showing up properly on the iPad. Just thought Id let you know and other iPad users, that using your Neuro EliteRSS feed is the way to go. Boat Seats
    This is a remarkable post by the way. I am going to go ahead and bookmark this article for my sis to check out later on tomorrow. Keep up the excellent work.This was a actually very superior submit.
    http://www.supplements4help.com/neuro-elite/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really a great blog shared here with us to remain healthy and fit .
    Blog is so informative for fitness.Thanks for such a useful blog.

    Goji Berry Magro

    ReplyDelete
  21. clearness on this subject. I am not an expert on this subject, but after reading your content, mySynagen IQ understanding has developed substantially. Please allow me to grab your rss feed to stay in touch with any forthcoming updates.Hi, where can I subscribe to your blog? I like it,http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/synagen-iq/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good content, thanks for this post.
    But at the same time it is very important to identify the best admission essay writing service reviews from scam world. It is always very difficult task as there are a lot of scam essay writing services available online.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The use of one testosterone booster perks you up the first time you use it. If other boosters are not simultaneously added,
    http://crazybulkz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I found this cool post here CrazyBulk Anabolic Steriods Review
    http://www.mensreviewmonster.com/anabolic-steroids/crazy-bulk-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice and interesting post.I have been looking for an opportunity and your post looks so helpful for me. Personally, I have more energy and was sleeping more soundly than ever after 2 weeks of using Elite Test 360. I can also manage to lose another 3.5 kgs of fat, putting me at an unbelievable 75 kgs in just 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I sometimes end up eating snacks around dinner time, but I successfully managed to not eat anything at all for the whole day yesterday. Just be determined & carry out what you want.
    PhenQ Deals

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great article Corbett. I believe blog comments should be left on. Interaction is key. Quite often I find extra interesting tips that continue in the discussion - of course their is Spam too.
    Crazy Bulk Dbal

    ReplyDelete
  29. why do we not see or hear of it more often? Having a positive and happy heart is such a great start to fitness and health. fitness

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love commenting on articles and i use to comment regularly. This article will help me to comment in a proper way, thanks for sharing it Mack. http://www.sizegeneticscouponscode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Breast Actives is a great breast enhancement program that can naturally turn saggy, small, unattractive breasts before the program to firm, big, attention grabbing breasts.

    ReplyDelete


  32. step up height increaser It’s an
    amazing ayurvedic product that not just increase your height up to 5 inch but also boost your strength,
    bone mass density. Step up body growth formula is a healthy product that also boost your immune and digestive
    system and provide you with healthy complete body growth

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for your post. This post really help me a lot and I have learnt some new things from your blog. I am bookmark your blog for future visit.
    pure cambogia slim

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like your post. This post really awesome and very helpful to me. Please keep posting good contents. Thank you.
    kimera

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are some great tips. For those who could use some more specific advice, tips and information about great article thanks for posting.
    Cook at quick smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Proto-col Slim-Fizz is a distinct appetite suppressant which contains the groundbreaking fibre Glucomannan, which is an organic dissolvable fibre extracted from fresh Konjac.

    ReplyDelete